UNO & Swim Across America 'Dough Raiser"
Why you should hold a Dough Raiser
- Get your team excited: Get
your SAA team together at UNO for a pre-swim celebration. Get your
team-mates excited about the swim, and raise money while you do it.
- Involve friends and family in your fundraising: You
want your friends and family to sponsor your swim - Invite them to UNO
for a fun dinner...Order "Wave Makers" and ask for their support. At the
very least, 15-20% of your check will get kicked back to your swim.
- You get to order a "Wave Maker": It is incredibly cool that there is an SAA drink at UNO. Order one... or two! Please "Make Waves" responsibly.
- Everyone eats anyway: Everyone is going to get dinner and drinks at some point prior to your swim - you might as well benefit from it!
How to Hold a Dough Raiser
- If you live in Massachusetts or Rhode Island, contact Stephanie Buccella (If you live outside MA or RI, contact email@example.com)
and tell her you are an SAA swimmer and you would like to hold a Dough
Raiser. She will send you a "flyer" that you can use as an invitation.
Send it to everyone you are inviting.
- Show up at UNO with your crew, have a fantastic meal (be sure to order a 'Wave Maker"), and have fun.
- UNO will send you a check with what you earned within 4-6 weeks.
Dough Raiser Details & Participating UNOs
Details: If you spent over $1000 at UNO, %20 of your
total check will be given back to SAA. If you spend under $1000, %15 of
your total check will be given back to SAA.
Participating UNOs: Only UNOs in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island will offer the SAA "Wave Maker" cocktail, but there are
participating UNO all over the country where you can hold a "Dough
Raiser." Click here to view all UNOs that offer the "Dough Raiser" program.
What is a "Wave Maker" Cocktail?
We're glad you asked. A "Wave Maker" is a cocktail that our good
friends at UNO created that is inspired by the SAA "Wave Maker"
(the friend of SAA that goes above and beyond in the fight against
cancer) and available exclusively to friends of SAA. Please drink your
"Wave Makers" responsibly.