Why Form a Team?
Swim Across America encourages the formation
of Tribute Teams to swim in the ‘Memory’ of family or friends that have
lost their battle with Cancer, and to ‘Honor’ those loved ones that
courageously continue their battle with this terrible disease. Tribute
Teams are central to what Swim Across America is all about friends and family joining together to "Make Waves to Fight Cancer".
What better way to celebrate the life of a friend, family member or
co-worker that is battling cancer or has succumbed to cancer than to
join together and swim in their name.
Teammates will motivate each other to reach out to family and friends
to donate to the cause and increase the team's fundraising power.
It is more fun to swim with a group friends and colleagues!
Fellow employees will rally around your team's fundraising efforts,
especially if the team swims in the name of a current or former
Your company may support your fundraising efforts with a financial grant.
If your company has a matching gift program, all donations from
co-workers will be matched, significantly increasing the impact of your
How it Works
- Creating a team online - Each team selects a
team captain who will register for the swim online and "create a team"
during the online registration process. The process will allow the
captain to create an online team fundraising page.
- Joining a team online
- Team members can visit the team page to join the team, or click any
"register to swim" link and select to "join a team" during the
- Team Fundraising - All money raised by team members is credited to the team account. This includes company grants and matching gifts.
- Team T-shirts
– Chillybear in Old Greenwich has offered “special pricing” on Team
T-shirts for all participants. Just mention Swim Across America when
placing you order. Please note, special pricing is dependant on lead
time and t-shirt artwork. The sooner you do this, the better.
Top Fundraising Team for the Greenwich event will receive recognition at the post-event celebration.
- Team Size - A Team must consist of at least 5 members who raise a minimum of $500 each.
- Fundraising - Each swimmer must raise $500 by the morning of the swim in order to participate in the event.
The money raised can be donated online or mailed to the address below.
DO NOT MAIL CASH. Be sure to indicate on the checks either the team name
or the individual that is to receive fundraising credit for the donated
- Corporate Challenge Team - a team comprised of at least 2 swimmers who are committeed to raise a minimum of $1,000 each. A special "Corporate Cup" trophy will be awarded to the top team and they will be given a full page ad in our event journal to promote their corporation's support of SAA.
Swim Across America - Greenwich
14 Little Ridge Road
Ridgefield, CT 06877
PLEASE NOTE: If donations are turned in on the day of the event, the amount needed to participate is $500 per person.
For more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com