More than 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Chances are you or a family member have already been affected by cancer. We are challenging ourselves by swimming in the Swim Across America Dallas open water swim in Lake Ray Hubbard. Please help us make an impact in the fight to find a cure by making a tax free contribution to support the swim. Your donation will help fund phase 1 clinical trials at the Swim Across America Innovative Clinical Trials Center (ICTC) at Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center. Thank you for your generosity and may it lead to a cancer-free world!
You can make a credit card donation by clicking on one of the members of our team below, or send a check to Swim Across America, c/o Lydia Chase, 7317 Fisher Road, Dallas, TX 75214
Important points to note:
- The June 11th Swim Across America Dallas open water swim raises money for the Clinical Trials Cancer Research Center at Baylor Hospital
- 100% of the funds raised are donated to the cancer center. We do not have the overheard that some other national charity events have.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- From beginners to Olympians, our participants all have something in common, they swim in honor of someone they love or simply because they want to help find a cure for cancer.
- The open water distance options are 1/2 mile, 1 mile and 2.4 miles (Ironman). There is also a pool swim on June 12th for those who cannot make the lake swim.
- We encourage all of our participants to raise $500 or sign up for Wavemaker status and shoot for the $1000 mark. It's easier than you think. Over 60% of our 200 annual participants reach Wavemaker status.
- Current registration is only $25 and that counts toward your fundraising goal.
- To date SAA Dallas has raised $1.9 million for the Baylor Cancer Center.
- There will be a pre-swim fundraiser party at the Barley House where 100% of the proceeds will be split up between the teams that attend. So the teams that have the most people show up at the party get the most money.
- Help us make waves against cancer!