Team Relay Challenge
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Welcome to the annual Team Relay Challenge in the Boston Area. On April 7th, club swimmers, college swimmers, masters swimmers, and recreational swimmers will all dive in for a 2 hour relay challenge with their teammates. Each team will be striving to swim the farthest and raise the most to find a cure for cancer. The event will benefit the Perini Quality of Life Clinic at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Mass General Hospital for Children.
About the Swim
- Swimmer registration fee is $25
- Team fundraising minimum is $3,000
- Teams will swim for two hours, with only one swimmer for each team in the water at any given time
- There will be no limit to how long or how far each team participant can swim
- Teams can have as many or as few participants as they want
- For every $100 your team raises over the minimum fundraising amount, you will be awarded a bonus of 100 yards.
There is no fundraising minimum per swimmer. We ask that each team swimming raises a combined $3,000. There is no limit to how many people you can have on a team.
When: Date is tentatively set for Sunday, April 7, 2013 from 10am - 1pm
Where: Harvard University's Blodgett Pool, Cambridge, MA
Who: You and all your teammates!
Why: To help "Make Waves to Fight Cancer"
Teams will be divided based on:
- Age Group/High School
- Masters Swim Clubs/Corporate Teams/Tribute Teams
- Individual participants will join an unattached team
Awards will be given to:
- The team in each division that swims the furthest
- The team in each division that raises the most money
Awards will consist of:
- More information coming soon!
There are many events going on at the Harvard athletic fields on April 7th. Please park in the Business School Parking lot across from the pool. There will be a $5 charge. To park in the athletic field parking may cost $10.